THE GENTLE ART
HISTORY OF JIU JITSU
Jiu Jitsu was created over 2500 years ago when Buddhist monks were frequently looted and could not use weapons because of their religion. This necessity for protection meant they developed a form of self-defense based on the study of animal movements and leverage which allowed a much weaker individual to overcome a stronger, heavier one.
Soon this form of fighting crossed Asia and came to Japan where it was adopted by the samurai, excellent warriors whose function was to defend their masters with their own life if necessary.
HISTORY IN BRAZIL
In 1920, Count Maeda Koma, a Japanese Jiu Jitsu Champion came to Brazil. He received the help of Gastão Gracie on his arrival in Belém, Pará, and in return for his help, he taught Gastão’s son Jiu Jitsu. In a short time, he had mastered all the techniques and consequently started teaching.
But it was his brother Helio Gracie who developed Jiu Jitsu to the point that it is today, recognized as the most perfect form of fighting in the world. Helio, weighing only 63kg beat opponents weighing more than 100kg, proving that technique wins over force.
WHY EVERYONE SHOULD TRAIN BRAZILIAN JIU-JITSU
8 Reasons why everyone should training JIU JITSU:
1) Health. BJJ keeps you healthy by Increasing Flexibility, Strength, Endurance, Cardio and burn more calories than your traditional gym session.
2) Self-Defense. BJJ teaches a safe, simple, and REALISTIC way to defend yourself from a would-be attacker.
3) Builds Confidence. Every time you step on the mat you are going to be challenged mentally, physically, and socially. That’s how BJJ helps you gain confidence, focus, and discipline.
4) Develops problem-solving and critical thinking skills. BJJ teaches very intricate moves that help develop problem-solving and critical thinking skills.
5) Join a Community. BJJ is for everyone. Regardless of gender, age, or fitness level.
6) It's Fun. Lose weight and get in shape all while having a blast!
7) It's Therapeutic. Plain and simple. BJJ can act as therapy, stress relief, cardio workout, competition training, and much more.
8) Make new friends. Make new friends. BJJ is a lifelong journey. You will learn and grow with friends you met in Jiu-Jitsu class and continue to build those relationships for a lifetime.
Our goal is to empower our affiliates with the knowledge they need to not only become successful academy owners but to achieve their goals in the martial arts industry. Focused on helping our affiliates reach their maximum potential, we truly stand alone in the industry being able to provide our affiliates with the best,
Certified rank achievement,
Worldwide training opportunities,
Proven Income generation methods,