WELCOME TO EDJ CAMPS
Here you will find all information about our past and future camps!
EDJ New Mexico Jiu-Jitsu Camp 2021
- August 27th to 29th in Rio Rancho & Albuquerque, New Mexico
- 25 minutes from Albuquerque International Sunport
- 8 to 10 hours of training
- Gi Daily workshops and Q&A
- Outdoor BBQ in gym’s back yard
- Yoga classes
- Mat space for all-day open mat/drilling
- All experience levels and affiliations welcome!
At the heart of New Mexico beats the pulse of a vibrant city. In Albuquerque, diverse cultures, authentic art, and dynamic traditions have helped shape our centuries-old story. No matter your interests, the city has countless opportunities for you to explore.
We’re kicking the camp off on Friday night then the Saturday morning session will follow with a BBQ. Then in the evening our 3rd session for the brave and finishing on Sunday morning. So you’ll be able to fly in, spend a few days training/meeting new people/discovering new places, and still be back home by Sunday.
Westside Power Gym Jiu-Jitsu and The War Room School of Jiu-Jitsu are a dedicated professional BJJ and MMA gyms, with a huge mat space that we’ll have all to ourselves during the camp. We’ll also have full access to all the weights and fitness equipment.
Westside Power Gym: 1620 Sara Rd, Rio Rancho, NM 87124
The War Room School of Jiu Jitsu: 5617 Paradise Blvd NW, Albuquerque, NM 87114
ABOUT JIU-JITSU TRAINING
All of our camps are renowned for their open and welcoming atmosphere. They’re full of enthusiastic, friendly people from all around the world, who enjoy training in a fun, relaxed, and open-minded environment. So regardless of whether you’re there with a group or traveling solo, you’ll always find someone to slap hands with.
WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO LEARN?
Whether you are a white belt or a black belt - YOU WILL LEARN SOMETHING NEW.
TRANSITIONS - SKILL DRILLS - GAME PLANNING
The great thing about the METHODOLOGY being taught by Professor Jp is that it is not tailor-made for one specific body type, All Ages, Genders, And Body Types are able to work and implement.
Learn How To Take Advantage Of Every Opportunity And Be Two or Three Steps Ahead Of Your Opponent.
Drills are an essential tool that can provide rapid skill development at ALL levels.
It can be hard to know what strategy to execute. Juan Pablo's technique series is easy to follow and to put together game plans that require no thinking - just follow the steps to the finish.
Some people want it to happen, some wish it would happen, others make it happen.
- Michael Jorden
Here are some places close to the camp venue that you might want to check out.
- Quality Inn & Suites Albuquerque West
- Travelodge by Wyndham Albuquerque East
- Econo Lodge East
- Desert Sands Inn & Suites
- Motel 6 Albuquerque Northeast
- Days Inn by Wyndham Albuquerque Downtown
And of course, it’s always worth seeing what Airbnb has to offer.
SANDIA PEAK TRAMWAY
- Ride to new heights on North America's longest aerial tram ride. Sandia Peak Tram takes visitors 2.7 miles or 10,378 ft up the Sandia Mountains. Breath in the fresh mountain air and enjoy breathtaking views of over 11,000 square miles of New Mexico.
ALBUQUERQUE OLD TOWN
- Experience the beauty and charm of Old Town Albuquerque! Founded in 1706, Old Town centers around the Plaza and San Felipe de Neri Church, built-in 1793. Surrounding historic homes and buildings have been renovated into today’s shops, galleries, and restaurants.
- And more!
CONFIRMED BLACK BELTS
Some of the instructors that will be on the mats training and rolling with everyone.
Juan Pablo Garcia
3rd Degree Black Belt Organizer
First Degree Black Belt Host
BJJ Black Belt Host
BJJ Black Belt Competitor
BJJ Black Belt Host
BJJ Black Belt
TRAIN WITH OUR COMPETITION TEAM
Join our athletes who are getting ready for the IBJJF 2021 Pans and get an inside look at our team preparation.
BOOK YOUR SPOT
UNLIMITED OR SINGLE SESSIONS AVAILABLE
10 hours of training
Gi Daily workshops and Q&A
Outdoor BBQ in gym’s back yard
Mat space for all-day open mat/drilling
Full access to all the weights and fitness equipment.
(Accommodation not included)BOOK NOW